- For puppies 7 to 16 weeks old
- Wednesdays at 7:30 p.m.
- Drop-in, but please sign up here
- Start any time after you have had your puppy for at least 10 days and they have received 1 or 2 sets of shots from a vet (Trail BC SPCA also accepted).
- Work at your own pace.
- Obedience training, socialization, confidence building, and problem solving.
- Help for common puppy problems like house training and nipping.
- Do not bring puppies to class who have diarrhea, are vomiting, sneezing, or seem sick in any way.
Bring the following with you to your first class:
- Vaccine records from your vet or approved rescue organization (BC SPCA, KAAP, PAWS, HEART etc.)
- a bunch of small (pea sized), soft treats that your dog loves. Cut up hot dogs work well. Small and soft is important!
- a regular leash (no extendable leads) and harness or collar (no chokes or prongs please, but martingale collars are o.k.)
$90 for 6 sessions. FREE if you sign your puppy up for Polite Pooch.
This class is a socialization and training class for puppies 3 months to 6 months old. It has a continued focus on socialization and basic obedience training to help your puppy become a well rounded dog.
$120 for 6 sessions.
This class is on hold until 2014.
Does your dog pull on the leash? Doesn’t pay attention to you or come when called? Jump on people? Is Fido generally unruly or hyper? This foundations class puts the fun in fundamentals: improve your dog’s unpleasant behaviour and have a good time doing it. Your dream dog could be a reality! Our lessons are designed around real life themes to make them more useful for you. For dogs and puppies over 16 weeks old.
Ongoing, open and flexible enrollment means you can start ANY TIME. Class runs Wednesday at 6:15. Contact us to get started by email or phone 250-521-2275.
$140 for 6 classes. Can’t make group classes? Talk to us about private training options.
You’ve finished Polite Pooch, but your dog still has issues with distractions. This class is for you! Take the skills you learned in Polite Pooch 1 take them to a higher level, practicing outdoors when possible. Work on skills to enjoy an outing with your dog. Dress for the weather in case we go outdoors!
$100 for 5 sessions.
This class is a fun next step for dogs who have completed a basic manners class. We take your dog out of the classroom and into real world settings – parks, an off leash trail, or even downtown to practice sits and downs while enjoying a cup of coffee. Held when weather permits. We will meet at a different spot each week, downtown, a park, or a walking trail and practice obedience, recall, and urban agility!
Cost is $120 for 4 sessions.
This class runs Saturdays through October but the time may vary. Contact us if you’re interested!
Does your dog growl, bark, or lunge at other dogs while on leash? Does your dog have trouble focusing under distraction or are they hyperactive? This class is a specialty class for reactive or hyperactive dogs. Limited to two to three students at a time. Instructor assessment and permission is required to join this class.
Cost is $300 for this program which is a combination of group and private sessions.
One of our most common behavior complaints, this class is designed solely to address teaching polite leash walking.
Cost is $100 for 4 sessions.
Another common complaint we receive is not coming when called! That’s why we’ve created this specialty class designed specifically to teach your dog a reliable recall. This is one of the most important things to teach your dog!
Cost is $100 for 4 sessions.