We have three certified trainers and can offer a wide variety of interesting group classes. We also offer Boarding School, Day Camp, and Private Coaching training options. Our group classes are fun and perfect for someone who wants to be involved every step of the training process and doesn’t mind things taking more time. Our group classes are kept small so you get a lot of one-on-one instructor time.
Family Dog Foundations is due to start on Wednesday, February 26th. We are currently taking registrations. If you are unsure and want to learn more about how we train, come to our free Ask a Trainer event Saturdays at 3pm, or sign up for our Into To Clicker Training Session. You can also email Sarah and we will do our best to answer your questions or set up a time to speak via telephone.
Family Dog Foundations is a streamlined, concentrated curriculum developed by our head trainer after over 15 years of dog training experience. It is designed to teach your dog the essential skills to having a well behaved family pet in a convenient 4 week class.
You will learn how to teach your dog:
- Walk nicely on a loose leash without dragging you around.
- Come when called.
- Go to a mat or bed, settle and stay until released.
- Leave It.
- Wait at doorways and before exiting a vehicle.
- Self control.
- Ask politely for things instead of being pushy and rude.
- Wait patiently while you have a conversation or enjoy a cup of coffee with a friend.
- Not to jump up on people.
- To move out of your way when asked.
- To calm themselves down when they are excited.
- To play nicely with you.
- To be comfortable being handled and touched for trips to the vet or groomer.
- To automatically pay attention to you under distraction.
You can sign up for just Family Dog Foundations for $139. Or sign up for Foundations and Team Builders (real life skills practice) for $225.
For more information about our other group classes click here.