I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you all about our environmentally-friendly environment. We are committed to our business being green however possible. Here’s a list of some of the things we do and products we use to be easier on the earth:
– biodegradable plastic shop bags
– all natural, organic cleaners and disenfectants
– organic ice melter
– biodegradable poop bags
– our groomer (Green Paw Grooming) uses all organic, biodegradable products
– operate an exstensive recycling program
– try to source products from as close as possible to reduce transport distance
– keep building temperature low
Products we sell that are green:
– Rainforest Cedar & Moss Cat Litter: all natural, organic, flushable, BC-made from would-be waste product. And it works great!
– West Paw Design: Beds and toys made by West Paw are made from recycled material and are totally recyclable themselves. These products are some of our favorites, due to their environmentally friendly nature, durability, and dog-appeal. West Paw’s Zogoflex Guaranteed to Last toy line are the toys we use in the doggy daycare as they are extremely durable and the dogs love them!
– Petcurean (Go, Now, and Summit Foods) supports local farmers and utilizes biodegradable packaging, among other environmentally friendly programs.
– Champion Pet Foods (Acana & Orijen) sources ingredients locally
Products we sell that are made in Western Canada:
– Rainforest Cat Litter
– FirstMate (BC), Acana (AB), Orijen (AB), Go! Natural, Now!, and Summit (BC)
– Quippitup (AB) – collars, leashes, beds
– Jamieson Pet Products and Anipet (BC) – our main distributors
– Pottery by Fran (Trail, BC)